You have the choice of two kinds of weddings in Cabo San Lucas, and it is possible to arrange for either (or both) at one wedding:
Civil/Legal ceremony performed by a Civil Judge (Matrimonio Civil)
- The judges vows are in Spanish and cannot be altered (translation during the ceremony can be arranged)
- This is recognized as legal throughout the world
- You must have 4 adult witnesses over the age of 18
- You will receive your wedding documents
Religious/Blessing or Non-Denominational ceremony performed by a Minister.
- This is not a legal ceremony
- You have total control over your wedding vows
For the Civil Ceremony the following is mandatory:
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Current passports as proof of idenification
- Lab work completed in the state in which you are getting married (Baja California Sur)
- Copy of your Tourist Immigration From (you receive these on the plane)
- Divorce decree if applicable. It is necessary to be divorced one year in order to get married in Mexico.
- There are no exceptions to the above for a legal wedding recognized throughout the world. Copies of marriage certificates will be available at the corresponding Civil Register Office. The civil ceremony can be performed in the judge’s chambers Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM or outside the judge’s chambers at a location of your choice for an additional fee.
Non Denominational Minister $350 plus $100 to attend the Ceremony Rehearsal
Judge for a legal ceremony $475
Blood Work and Legal Paperwork $200
Please note all rates are estimated and are subject to change.
Coordination can only be provided in conjunction with accommodations booked through our agency. Wedding coordination rates are NOT included in the estimated rates.